Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Relapse: The Fasted Road to Recovery

3rd post this week and 4th overall - I minus well be a bouncy ball because I'm on a ROLL.


Tonight is the night that I am forever done with crazy, uncontrolled eating.

Again, I splurged, stuffing myself way too much without thinking. This time my partner in crime was mounds (or mountains?) of Indian food richer than Bill Gates himself. On top of that horrible gastronomical disaster, I then attempted to excercise. As you can probably guess, the stomach didn't agree with that so much, resulting in a, more or less, train wreck in motion. I must admit that I now know how it feels to be the Staypuff Marshmallow Man (a la Ghostbusters, of course!) on an ellyptical.




(I love this car. Some people idolize their parents. Me? I idolize this car.)
(Just kidding Mom and Dad; I love you!)


Unsuprisingly, the result was much the same as in Ghostbusters (namely the part where the Staypuff Marshmallow Man begins spewing chunks). TMI, i know.


Think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts, think happy thoughts. (Remember to breathe while doing so!)


Ok, better?

Anyway, I've discovered that tonight is the night to start anew. I will and must be done. From here on out, I'm done with these relapses and ready to take the opposite fork in the road--the road to recovery.

To kickstart my new journey, I'm reminding myself that there are foods which are both healthy and delicious that make I love because they make me feel my absolute best, rather than utterly awful like tonight.

Just a few of my favorites...


(Juicy peaches grown by our semi-annoying neighbors. Lucky for them, these peaches tend to counteract their quirks and annoying-ness.)

(If you said, "I love _____!" in kindergarten, other kids used to sneer, "Well, if you love it so much, why don't you just marry it? Despite their best I attempts to make me burn in shame, I felt no such feelings at hearing this. In fact, I'd be happy to take any kindergartener up on that challenge, bearing anyone reading this as my witness. Please observe:

Dear watermelon, I do love you so. Will you marry me?)

These apples are amazing. Why you may ask?

They're miniature, and that's all there is to it!

Now that's what I call symbolism.

Good night my friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment