Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 2 -- Only a year after Day 1!


I can't believe it has been an entire year since I first created this blog. Talk about SLACKER. Guilty as charged...

I know, I know. This seems to call for punishment. Perhaps a time out? Or maybe a spanking? A scolding? Perhaps separation from fruit/vegetables for a week? Now THAT would be punishment.

So many thing have happened in a single year so rather than recap, I figure I'll start fresh.


Anyway, Day 2.

Today should have been wonderful. Honest to apples!

Today's was B's birthday; I can't believe he's 18. We must be getting old. Well, atleast that's what all the parents seem to say :)

D made Apple Dutch Babies that I ruefully avoided so as to stick with my fresh and healthy plan. That plan worked until 7:46 this morning when I was faced with steamy, hot bagels from the best bagel shop in town and ooey, gooey, dare-i-say-seductive brownies made by a class mate. Let's just say my stand against trans fat most likely went down the tubes today.

I really shouldn't have eaten even 1 because we all know what that leads to...

3 Bagels
3 Brownies
a bag of apple chips
1/2 of a Veggie Grill Burger w/ onion rings (i know; it gets worse and worse)
1 Brown Shenko Pear (breakfast)
Fruit Salad (breakfast)
1 very unhappy body

I'm so sick of not sticking with my goal and not exercising control when I eat. This NEEDS to change. In fact, my intent for writing this post was to create a promise to myself (and to you guys..nonexistent as 'you' may be!). I will stick to my plan this time. There's no looking back now.

Plan for tonight:
As I mentioned before, today is B's birthday. We're planning on heading over to Riptide Sushi, a japanese sushi-fusion place with great decos and some decent food.

M made cheesecake for the post-dinner celebrations.

Unfortunately, eating more is the last thing that I want to do.

So as to not talk about myself the whole time, I leave you with a recipe for being such a good sport in scrolling through my pointless jabbering.

I originally made this recipe for my French class with my friend Joanna as a part of a project. The class was downright ridiculous (as in the teacher was usually medicated while teaching) but the recipe turned out delicious. As in B asked for seconds. Unless there is copious amounts of butter, that NEVER happens. In other words, consider this a *miracle* recipe.

Raspberry Clafouti
Adapted from recipetips.com
Original: Omni
My version: Omni or Herbie

Servings: 8

Ingredients:



2 cups fresh raspberries (or any other berries)


3 eggs (Herbie version: 3/4 cup pureed tofu)


1 cup milk (Herbie version: soy, almond, rice etc milk)


1/2 cup flour


1/2 cup sugar (scant)


1 teaspoon vanilla


1/8 teaspoon salt


powdered sugar (optional)




Directions



  1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil a 9" pyrex dish. Scatter raspberries (or other berries) in pie dish, reserving a few for garnish.

  2. Beat eggs until foamy or puree tofu until whipped or smooth. Add remaining ingredients and mix until smooth.

  3. Pour this mixture over raspberries and bake 20 - 25 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

  4. Top with reserved raspberries and, if using, a sprinkling of powdered sugar. Serve warm or cold.
To a better tomorrow, my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment